Canadian Dexter Cattle Association
Welcome to the home of the Canadian Dexter Cattle Association. On these pages you will find relevant information about Dexter cattle in Canada, the Dexter Association, and helpful articles about breeding and caring for Dexters. We hope that this website becomes a valuable resource to Canadians interested in owning Dexters and to those already raising and breeding Dexter Cattle in Canada.
Objectives of the CDCA
- To keep a record of purebred Dexter Cattle in Canada.
- To register ownership and the transfer of ownership of Dexter Cattle in Canada.
- To establish standards for the breeding of Dexter Cattle as dual purpose animals.
- To compile and publish a herd book of Dexter Cattle in Canada by March 1st of each year.
- To require a practical and effective means of uniquely identifying Canadian Dexter Cattle.
- To establish rules of eligibility for registration of Dexter Cattle.
- To promote and conduct research for the betterment of Dexter Cattle in Canada by Association members and others.
- To collect and disseminate information with respect to breeding, history, development, and marketing of Dexter Cattle.
- To establish and maintain contact with Dexter Cattle associations in other countries.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, to work for the general good and advancement of Dexter Cattle and the breeders and owners thereof.
- To the fulfillment of these objectives, the Association shall have the power and responsibility to make all necessary contracts and agreements, and to make, alter and repeal regulations, subject to the provisions set out in the by-laws.